Paying For My Keep

I was also sexually abused as a small child. It happened during the war by some old codger who was supposed to be looking after me -- us kids were sent out of London at that time, because of all the bombing, and we were sent off to the countryside. I was sent off to Yorkshire somewhere, to a farm, but the old farmer had his way with me in the barn one day. I was terrified, but what could I do. He said it was to pay for my keep; that he was feeding me. I know he molested a couple of other girls too that were staying with him and his wife. But he was a stranger. He wasn't flesh and blood. He wasn't my dad. You don't expect a father to treat a daughter like that, do you? I know dad fondled Anne too, when she was a child. I'm sure that's why she now drinks as heavily as she does. I don't think she's ever got over it.