Off to the Land of Oz

Johnny's mother was happy for me and Johnny to stay on the caravan with her, and I might have been persuaded to try that for a short time, but Johnny was dead against us being squished up with his mum. She was a huge woman, both in personality and size. Gawd, she had one hell of a temper! So, once Johnny and I were engaged we started to search for a place to rent. I thought we should find a flat not far from my mum in Slough, so that she would be able to babysit for me when I went out to work. Johnny and I were quite hard-up, and I really wasn't happy when he all of a sudden got this bright idea into his head about us pulling up sticks and settling in Australia. The little savings we did have he insisted on spending on a trip out there. I was quite pissed off by him leaving me behind for three months, and I think that's why I ended up having a fling with Neil shortly after Johnny sailed off.