Miserable Time with the Foster Family

She seemed quite old, too old I thought to be fostering, and she had some kids of her own but she really didn't seem like the mothering sort at all. She was quite rude and aggressive. She kept hassling the social worker for more money. She said she wasn't getting enough money to feed you. She said you were a greedy, angry baby. I was really worried about you because you just didn't seem happy. I also didn't like the look of her kids either. They looked really mean. The one was a boy about ten years-old, who looked like he was a lot of trouble and a bit of a bully. I kept wondering if he might be hurting you or teasing you in any way. I really wanted to pick you up and take you home with me. I remember holding you and you were hysterical, kicking and crying, and you had this terribly runny nose. It was such a heart-breaking day, and everybody was so tense.