Lovely Little Dimples

I remember that the social worker was glad to get away from that woman too. She told me that there was nothing that could be done about the money allowance she received for looking after you. The social worker said that the allowance was more than enough to cover food and everything you needed. I even wondered if the woman wasn't feeding you properly and was maybe pocketing some of the money. I really couldn't believe social services allowed a woman like her foster kids. She didn't seem like the mothering type. She didn't seem to even like her own kids that much. I felt so bad having to leave you there with her. You seemed traumatized, but there was nothing I could do. And something really worrying had also dawned on me at this point. Like I said, I hadn't seen you for three months so you had grown and changed a fair bit by this time. I realized that there was no way that you were Johnny's child. You were obviously Neil's. You even had Neil's dimple on the chin.